Events, Rooms, and Video Conference
Book a Conference Room
Use the Room Booking System (CSAIL Login required) to book one of the many CSAIL conference rooms.
Conference Room Etiquette
- Don’t use a conference room without booking it first
- Book your conference room early and cancel your conference room early
- Please add any special “Setup Instructions” 24 hours in advance
- Don’t double book conference rooms (no squatting!)
- Leave the conference room as clean as or cleaner than the way it was
- Don’t remove any hardware (dongles, cables, etc.) from the rooms
- Leave promptly when your meeting time slot has ended
- Custodial Services will not clean any food that is not properly disposed
- If you will be hosting a meeting with food, you should create a no-cost custodial work order via MIT
CSAIL Event Calendar
Create an event on the CSAIL Event Calendar (CSAIL Login required). It can be part of a seminar series or a stand alone event. You have the options to send reminder (see schedule below) emails to the list(s) of your choice. You also have the option to book the room and provide room setup instructions. Your event, if public, will be displayed on the Event Kiosks.
Event reminders are sent according to the following schedule:
- 30 days before the event
- 7 days before the event
- 1 day before the event
If you enter an event in a way that you have missed one or more of these dates (for instance, you enter an event 23 days beforehand, or 5 days beforehand), a reminder will go out the next night, and then the remainder of the reminder schedule will pick up as above.
If you enter an event on the same day, you will need to send the reminder manually. You have permissions to send reminders for your own events.
TIG is working hard to make our conference rooms hybrid meeting ready. We are evaluating Zoom Rooms for possible deployment in all CSAIL conference rooms. Currently, Zoom Rooms is deployed in the Terman and 262 conference rooms and we are continuing to evaluate and deploy Zoom Room hardware solutions. The long term plan is to have video conference hardware in all of conference the rooms.
Current Video Conference Hardware
|370||84” 4K display. 4k Logitech Camera and extended mic||370 setup|
|262||84” 4K display. Neat Bar and Neat controller||Zoom Room|
|Kiva||Mobile Cart with 84” 4K display. 4k Logitech Camera and extended mic||cart setup|
|Star||Mobile Cart with 84” 4K display. 4k Logitech Camera and extended mic||cart setup|
|Mobile Cart||Mobile Cart with 55” 4K display. 4k Logitech Camera and extended mic||cart setup – cart reservation|
TIG also has 4 mobile video conference carts that can be used in any conference room or location in CSAIL. They are equipped with 55” 4K display with Logitech MeetUp HD 4K cameras with integrated microphone arrays. The carts can be reserved using our equipment booking system, quip. (CSAIL Login required)