Zoom Rooms is a Zoom software based room system combined with Neat and other Zoom certified hardware that provides a seamless, integrated experience for audio conferencing, wireless screen sharing, and video conferencing. Zoom Rooms can be used for room-only attendees, or remote attendees joining from another room, from their desktop, or from their mobile device.
Using Zoom Rooms in CSAIL
Using Zoom Rooms in a conference room requires no laptop, adapters, or any additional hardware. All the hardware necessary for your Zoom meeting is in the room and done from a single touch-based console. In most cases, you will be joining a meeting with an ID already created from a scheduled meeting. You can also create an instant meeting right from the console.
How to join a meeting using the meeting ID
- Tap Join in the left panel
- Enter the meeting ID using the number pad
- Tap Join
How to start an instant meeting
- Tap Meet Now in the left panel
- Select a Zoom Room to invite, or use the search bar to find a user
- Tap Meet Now to start an instant meeting
- You can invite participants by tapping Manage Participants in the meeting controls
How to share your screen to the display
- Start or join a meeting in a Zoom Room.
- Tap Share Content on the Zoom Rooms controller
- From your computer or device, open the Zoom application and choose Share Screen
- Your computer or device may start sharing automatically using proximity detection, but if prompted, type in the share key displayed
- Select the screen or application you want to share, then click Share.
- (Optional) Select Share Sound in the bottom-left corner of the share selection window
For more info, see: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/214629303-Direct-sharing-in-Zoom-Rooms
When sharing to a Zoom Room, the Zoom application default settings is to “Automatically share desktop”. For better control, we suggest you change the option “Show all sharing options”
To do that open your Zoom preferences Share Screen tab Change “When I share directly to a Zoom Room” to “Show all sharing options”
In meeting controls
Zoom Rooms give you many advanced in meeting control features.
For details, see: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/214629303-Direct-sharing-in-Zoom-Rooms
Connecting to the display without Zoom
All conference rooms have a dedicated, hard-wired HDMI cable for those cases where users prefer not to use Zoom. To select source, use the input button on the remote.
Zoom rooms also provide optional scheduling features for booking and scheduling conference rooms. We have not yet activated this feature as we are awaiting guidance from IS&T. For now please use the CSAIL room booking app to book your physical room: https://calendar.csail.mit.edu/mrbs/