Water Jet at CSAIL
If you allow someone else to access your account and use the machine, you will lose the ability to operate the water jet. Any abuse of the machine will result in your access being revoked
Access to the water jet is limited to CSAIL members who have taken the water jet training course taught by Ron Wiken. In addition to a CSAIL account, a separate account on the machine is necessary to operate the water jet.
General Machine Usage Etiquette
- You must wear eye protection when operating the jet.
- Ear protection is recommended and is available in the water jet room.
- Clean up after you are finished using the machine. This includes any water that may have spilled on/over the machine. There is a mop as well as some paper towels in the room.
- Any stock must be put away. No stock is to be left in the water jet room.
- The door must be closed when the machine is in use.
- When emptying garnet into the plastic hopper it is important to make sure that nothing contaminates the garnet. First clean the bags of any debris with compressed air. Use only a sharp knife to cut open the bags, making sure that no residue from the bags mixes with the garnet. If any garnet spills on the floor, throw it away. Do not add it to the hopper.