Joining AD in Windows
This page describes the process of connecting a Windows system to the CSAIL Active Directory domain. This is recommended only for TIG managed shared, public machines. If you are wondering if you need to, then you probably don’t.
Joining the domain
- Open the My Computer properties window (Right click My Computer and select Properties from the menu)
- Click on Advanced System Settings
- Select the Computer Name tab and click Change.
- click Domain and type “ad.csail.mit.edu”.
- Click more. Type “csail.mit.edu” as primary DNS suffix. Check box “Change Primary DNS suffix when Domain membership changes”.
- Press OK. OK again. You will be asked for a Username and Password for Active directory. Type the username “adjoin” and the password “adjoin”. Once you enter the password , you will get a dialog box saying “Welcome to ad.csail.mit.edu domain.” Restart the machine.
- you should now be able to login using your CSAIL Kerberos account and password and using CSAIL.MIT.EDU as domain name. (The username that you use to log in should be something like “CSAIL.MIT.EDU\username”. The capital letters in the domain name are important.)