How To Request Data Restore
Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full path to the data you want restored
- Range of dates that would be acceptable or "latest" version
- Optionally where you would like it restored to, by default it will be restored to the same location with a .restore extension (if the same location exists)
- A description of urgency
- "Panic" I'm supposed to be presenting this data NOW! (Please note that restore time is variable on a number of dependencies and may take hours to complete.)
- "Normal" 24hr for current data, 2 working days for data more than 2 months old.
- "Some Day" if the dbits find their way back in the next couple of weeks that's fine
Note that the "latest" version of AFS data is usually available in the .snapshot directory of your AFS Home Directory
and other AFS storage see Backup Policy
for more information.
- 15 Mar 2006